Feline Panleukopenia virus(FPV) antigen rapid test card
Catalog No. LSY-20088
Feline fever, also known as feline panleukopenia and feline
infectious gastroenteritis, is a highly contagious acute feline
disease. The causative agent is feline parvovirus (FPV), which is
highly homologous to canine parvovirus type 2. The virus mainly
infects cats, and domestic cats and wild cats can be infected. It
is highly contagious, has an acute onset, and has a high mortality
rate. Cat plague are usually transmitted by the body fluids, feces,
contaminants, and even fleas of infected animals, and susceptible
animals are mainly infected by direct or indirect contact. This
product uses an immunochromatographic test of feline feces or vomit
samples to quickly detect if a cat is infected with feline
This product uses rapid immunochromatography to detect FPV antigen.
After the diluted sample is added to the “S” hole on test card, if
the FPV antigen is present in the sample, the antigen will
specifically bind to the colloidal gold-labeled FPV monoclonal
antibody, and the complex will move along the chromatographic
membrane and be chromatographed. The pre-coated FPV monoclonal
antibody on the membrane is captured, and a wine red detection line
is formed at the T-position of the cartridge. If there is no FPV
antigen in the sample, no visible lines will be formed at the T
line. In addition, the system has also designed a C-line for
verifying that the test is valid—whether negative or positive, the
line should be colored, otherwise it will be invalid.
1)FPV Ag Test Card ( Including 1 FPV Ag test cassette, 1 dropper, 1
desiccant) 10 pieces
2) Sample buffer (1ml/tube) 10 tubes
3) Swab 10 pieces
4) Instruction 1 piece
4. Test Procedure
- Read the manual carefully and return the test card, sample into
room temperature 15~25℃ before use.
- Sample collection: Use a cotton swab to collect a sample of freshly
excreted feces or vomit, or take a sample directly from the rectum.
Immediately insert the cotton swab with the secretion into the
sample tube containing the sample buffer and mix it evenly to make
sample dissolved in the buffer as much as possible.
- Open the package, take out test card, put it on desk flatly.
- Use the supplied dropper to absorb the diluted sample, drop 3~4
drops (about 100ul) into “S” hole on test card.
- Read the result in 5~10min, result is invalid beyond 15 min.
5. Result judgment
1) Positive(+): Both on T Line and C line being seen wine-red color
reaction, it means there is FPV antigen in the sample.
2) Negative(-): no color reaction on Test Line (T Line),only on
Control Line(C Line) being seen wine-red color reaction, it means
there is no FPV antigen in the sample.
3) Invalid(X): No color reaction on C Line, it means the operation
is wrong or the test card is invalid, test again.
6. Specifications, Storage and Stability.
Store at 4~30 ℃ in a cool, dark and dry place, no frozen. Shelf life: 18 months.
1) Please use the test card within the shelf life and within 1 hour
2) Avoid direct sunlight and direct fan blowing during testing.
3) Try not to touch the white film surface of the non-plastic part
of the test card.
- Sample droppers should not be mixed to avoid cross contamination.
- Do not use sample buffer that are not supplied with this reagent.
6) The used test card should be treated as microbiological
7) When the detected substance content is very high, the T line may
appear, and then the red color will gradually fade or even
disappear. It is recommended to dilute the sample by 10 times
before testing, so that the T line can be stable.
8. Application limitations
This product is an immunological diagnostic kit, which is only used
to provide qualitative test results for clinical testing of pet
diseases. If there is any doubt about the test results, please use
other methods of diagnosis (such as RT-PCR, Western-blot, etc.) to
further analyze the samples. For pathological analysis, please
consult your local pet physician.